Feedpot.com tracks real estate blog posts across the Internet and shows them on a ticker style interface as they appear. I developed this as a pet project a year ago - mostly for myself, to see what's happening in the real estate blogsphere. I recently updated the source with new feeds, so here is an intro, hopefully you will find it useful. Feedpot.com is an almost real-time view of the real estate web; or at least the subset which is included in the Feedpot.com. I usually have Feedpot.com running in the background in a separate browser window during the day, which gives me an easy way to get a sneak preview into things what may be breaking RE news. Of course, through widgets, one can track the real estate web on desktops like the Mac OSX Dashboard (see below) or add it and share it with blog readers as well.
The main aggregator feeds in the Pot are:
- ActiveRain latest posts feed - aggregated feeds of the recent AR posts from all members
- RealTown aggregated feed
- 3 Inman News feed
- RealBird feed - the aggregated feed of the latest listings published through RealBird
- RELiberation aggregated feed - similar to ActiveRain's feed, it tracks all RELiberation members latest posts
- Trulia Voices - latest consumer/agent discussions on Trulia
- Zolve - the aggregate feed of the their members' blogs
- And the new addition: FriendFeed global aggregated posts and social network chatter filtered with the keyword "real estate". This includes diggs, social shares, Twitter one liners etc.
Not surprisingly, the biggest and most active contributor is the ActiveRain community. Most of the real estate buzz is coming from that aggregated feed. The Trulia Voices feed is quite active as well. I added a few individual blog feeds also, like FutureOfRealEstateMarketing, MyTechOpinon and GeekestateBlog, probably a bit overlapped with the FriendFeed chatter, but just in case.
Or you can grab the widget below (allow a few seconds for the first article to be pulled)
For Mac users (Leopard) there is an easy way to get the FeedPot as a RE blog ticker and place it on your Dashboard (this technique works for other, automatically refreshing sites as well) Using Safari, visit www.FeedPot.com, then use the 4th, scissor icon in the toolbar, highlight the area on FeedPot you'd like to place on your Dashboard (the ticker), and click "Add". That's it. You can now track the real estate web on your Mac Dashboard.
-- Zoltan Szendro