Just in time for the Inman Real Estate Connect, - which we were a gold sponsor of - we introduced a new product and a bunch of new features. We mashed up new 3rd party services, such as Zillow, Yelp, Zvents, Yahoo Traffic besides the existing ones ( Google Maps, Microsoft Virtual Earth and ValPak) With the new product release, we have a new business model also, which we believe will suit the fast changing real estate industry better.
We are going to write several posts tracking the development and best practices of different aspects of the new services. For starting, let me provide an overview of the new product mix and the most significant features.
RealBird Listing Publisher
a lot of soul searching some fun brainstorming sessions , we made the decision to let RealBird fly free. The updated RealBird Listing Publisher is now a completely free service with no limitations and no advertising. It's a full featured online listing marketing tool for commercial and residential real estate agents and brokers. With the Listing Publisher service, you can create unlimited property websites with unlimited photos, unlimited multimedia and content and unlimited design themes. The system provides distribution to 3rd party classified sites via automatic syndication and via real estate widgets for websites and blogs. Real estate agents can use the service to create stunning listing presentations for properties or use it as a seller acquisition tool with "draft" flyers for listing interviews. It's a free service, so why don't you take it for a test fly
Summary of features:
- Unlimited listings (both drafts and published)
- Unlimited, high-res photos and slide-show
- Unlimited multimedia (videos, panorama, slide-shows, audio)
- Unlimited content, rich-text editor for description and neighborhood info
- Unlimited design themes
- Maps, aerial photos, bird's eye view, 3D flyover, driving directions with your photo and contact info, real-time traffic and ValPak coupons around your properties
- Open house marketing
- Automatic distribution to SearchOnMaps.com, Google Base, Trulia, Edgeio, Local.com, Oodle, Lycos, Vast.com
- Code to post listings to Craigslist, Kijiji, Backpage, Facebook
- Support to encourage viral marketing
- Search engine optimization for organic search referrals
- RealBird works nicely with your existing providers
- Link to your existing virtual tour or embed them in your listing website
- Link to MLS details page or your featured listings on your website
- Cross-market your blog posts: enter you RSS feed and we stream your latest post into your flyer
- Widgets to cross-market your listings on your website, blog or ActiveRain profile
- Listing map widget
- Slideshow widget
- GeoRSS (RSS feed of your listings with geographic coordinates coordinates)
- Maps and driving directions widget
RealBird Real Estate Yellow Pages
We are glad to announce that we also released a real estate portal for consumers ( SearchOnMaps.com ) The service features a full-screen map-based portal interface with 3 main functionalities:
- Find real estate professionals
- Find properties for sale
- Home valuation with agent referrals
The service mashes up quite many 3rd party services. Real estate data is provided by RealBird (listings via Listing Publisher and business profiles via the RealBird Yellow Pages service), home valuation by Zillow with local agent recommendations by RealBird. Data overlays include Yelp local reviews, Zvents local events, traffic incidents by Yahoo and nearby ValPak coupons. The service allows consumers to email, social bookmark and share properties, home valuations, business profiles or a specific map extent and to subscribe to RSS updates on a specific map via the unique "Watch this map" tool.
This is also one of the first services to promote the real estate blogs of the listed professionals along the yellow pages entry and also with their featured listing post. Real estate blogging is now mainstream and promoting your blog just got easier with the RealBird Real Estate Yellow Pages service.
Another unique visualization feature is that the service shows the photo or logo of the listed professional when users hover over the location icons. This gives a personal touch to the service and face recognition value to the whole deal, plus it looks cool, I think.
We welcome all kinds of real estate professionals to post their business listings including residential and commercial sales professionals, lenders, appraisers, builders etc.
RealBird Map-based MLS Search
We have released several updates for the map-based IDX search service too. We made it very easy for members to link the map widget to their existing IDX service for property details and to configure main features such as hiding or showing the header and footer and property addresses. A widget configuration tool is also available to generate embed code with the desired width, height for real estate website and blogs. We applied several performance tunings and we are happy to let you know that we increased the performance by two folds. The service is significantly faster now.
As always, please send us your feedback, comments and RealBird sightings.
-- Zoltan Szendro