As part of our best practices series, below is an example of a very nice listing presentation by Ceci Ellis for her Daly City, CA listing.
She used one of the unique features of the RealBird Listing Publisher, i.e. you can upload a large size background image for your listing to capture the attention of visitors and home buyers. Her take of a casual, sunny moment at the Pacific Ocean (looks like Ocean Beach in San Francisco) creates a perfect backdrop to her nearby listing and emphasizes the neighborhood characteristics and mood much better than any property image or description could.
Here are some other ideas you may want to try for your background image:
- High resolution image of the subject property
- Nature pictures, forest, mountains, the land
- City scape, something characteristic of the location
Remember, the purpose of the background image is not necessarily to communicate a specific feature of the listing, but to deliver the mood, the style and the lifestyle the property represents.
Setup is easy and takes less than a minute:
- Login or register for free with RealBird
- Add / edit your listing
- Select "Change theme"
- Select "Single property background image" as an option
- Finally, upload the image from your hard drive and save the settings
Don't forget to send us an email with your listing (or add the link as a comment below), if you use this customization feature. I think this is a very powerful presentation utility and I would like to show other examples of nice listing presentations.
-- Zoltan Szendro